Journal : Global Times (English) Date : Author : NA Page No. : NA
URL : http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1006977.shtml

Source:Xinhua

Pakistan on Sunday rejected as “baseless” Indian accusations after the attack on an army base in Indian-controlled Kashmir.

Indian military said that militants killed at least 17 troopers and injured over 20 others in a suicide attack on an Indian military base in Indian-controlled Kashmir.

Indian officials have said that four militants, believed to have carried out the attack, were also killed in retaliatory fire inside the base near the Line of Control (LoC) dividing Kashmir.

The Indian officials said the four militants belonged to Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammad group. The Indian government had also blamed the same group for the attack at the Pathankot air base in January, in which 7 army men were killed.

In his reaction to the attack, Indian Home Minister Rajnath Singh said he is “deeply disappointed with Pakistans continued and direct support to terrorism and terrorist groups.” “There are definite and conclusive indications that the perpetrators of Uri attack were highly trained, heavily armed and specially equipped,” he said on his official Twitter.

However, the charges were angrily dismissed by Pakistan. Pakistan’s Foreign Office spokesman Nafees Zakaria said that India leveled allegations without investigations.

“It is now the habit of India to shift the blame of every terrorist incident towards Pakistan without any investigation. Indians had been involved in many terrorist incidents in India, which were blamed on Pakistan” he said.

“Through such allegations against Pakistan, India wants to divert attention from its atrocities in occupied Kashmir,” the spokesman told the media.

Indian officials said the attack took place at garrison Uri town in frontier Baramulla district, about 109 km northwest of Srinagar city, the summer capital of Indian-controlled Kashmir.

No group has yet claimed the responsibility for the attack.

print
Share now