At least 13 people have been confirmed dead and 25 others injured as a suicide bomber blew himself up next to the gate of Afghan Supreme Court in Kabul on Tuesday, a senior police officer Faridon Abidi said.
“Up to 13 innocent civilians including women were martyred and 25 others sustained injuries after a terrorist blew himself up next to the exit gate of the Supreme Court,” Abidi told reporters at the site of blast.
The bloody incident occurred at 03:35 p.m. local time when the employees of the court were going out of their offices to go home.
Meanwhile, spokesman for Public Health Ministry, Ismail Kawusi in talks with Xinhua confirmed that 19 deaths and 41 injured persons had been taken to hospitals.
However, witnesses believe that the number of casualties is higher than reported as some families have already taken the bodies of their beloved one to their homes and the injured persons to private hospitals.
Earlier, some media outlets reported that 20 persons had been killed and 41 others injured in the attack against Supreme Court.
This is the second attack on Afghan Supreme Court over the past three years. Taliban had claimed responsibility for the previous suicide bombing.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the deadly attack against the apex court on Tuesday.