Extracts from Foreign Ministry Spokesperson’s Regular Press Conference
Hubei Media Group: State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi attended the meeting of the Council of Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) and the SCO-Afghanistan Contact Group foreign ministers’ meeting in Dushanbe yesterday. Could you offer us more information on the two events?
……………..At the SCO-Afghanistan Contact Group foreign ministers’ meeting, State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi said that the SCO should endeavor to ensure that the situation in Afghanistan moves in a direction that serves the shared interest of the country and other regional countries. He also suggested efforts to make sure the US fulfills its responsibilities, prevent a resurgence of terrorist forces, advance the reconciliation process, enhance multilateral coordination and facilitate peace and reconstruction in Afghanistan. China will continue to play a constructive role in promoting a political settlement to the Afghan issue on the basis of fully respecting Afghanistan’s sovereignty and following the “Afghan-owned and Afghan-led” principle.
- WANG YI EXPOUNDS CHINA’S LATEST POSITION ON AFGHANISTAN
- AFGHANISTAN WILL TEST SCO’s CAPACITY
- ‘AFGHAN LED, AFGHAN OWNED’ IS THE WAY FORWARD IN US…
- WHY CHINA IS WORRIED ABOUT HASTY US WITHDRAWAL FROM AFGHANISTAN
- ZERO SUM TO BELIEVE US PULL OUT FROM AFGHANISTAN IS…
- FOREIGN MINISTRY SPOKESPERSON ON AFGHAN TALKS